Ever wonder about how a variety entertainer prices their work? Typically, there are six factors:
- Night of week (holidays and weekends are more)
- Travel Time (of course)
- Size of Audience (TV of 30 million pays more than fundraiser of 500 pays more than home party of 25)
- Audio/Lighting/Stage Provided or We Provide (nothing more irritating than not being able to hear or see the entertainment)
- Length of Performance (e.g., four hours of strolling mixing magic, or a 10 minute, hi-tech show, or normal 45 minute show)
- Number of Performances (most of us discount if you sign up another party, or contract several performances)
Nothing shocking here - but good to know whether you're booking Ash K. or one of his colleagues for a kid's party here in San Francisco, or hiring him for working your corporate event.